Top of the morning for our extreme readers!
Good morning!! Today’s headlines and summary!!!
1. After about seven months, the Federal Government has lifted the suspension of Twitter operations in Nigeria. The decision was announced by the Chairman, Technical Committee, Nigeria-Twitter Engagement and Director-General, National Information Technology Development Agency, Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi.
2. There was panic in Obiohuru community, Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, yesterday, when gunmen intercepted a Lagos-bound vehicle and abducted all the passengers. The 14-seater bus was said to have left Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, earlier in the day en route to Lagos, before it was intercepted.
3. Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State has announced a cash reward of one million naira for anyone and five million naira to any group that provides useful information to the arrest of bandits or discovery of their camps within the state. Uzodimma made the disclosure while addressing the state, local government, and ward leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for Imo State. He said the reign of bandits was over in the state especially with the soon to be introduced vigilante at the ward, and local government levels across the state, even as he charged APC party leaders to rise against insecurity.
4. Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamfara State, yesterday, cried out that part of the reason for the persistence of banditry is the non-punishment of the apprehended criminals, saying many times bandits are released without being charged.
5. The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, yesterday, said the Nigeria Police extended the online registration in the ongoing 2021 police constable recruitment to Saturday, January 22, 2022, to allow Southerners apply. He stated this in a statement on Wednesday.
6. The Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Nwoba Chika, on Wednesday, slumped in court, after four days in police detention. Nwoba was brought to the Magistrate Court two sitting in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi State, to be arraigned for alleged 15 count-charge bordering on fake news and others by a team of police officers.
7. The minister of Mines and Steel Development, Olamilekan Adegbite, has revealed that the federal government has spent about $50 million to explore gold, lithium and several other metals. He said this in an exclusive interview with Arab News : “to date, we have discovered over 44 minerals. Looking forward, the current task for the Nigerian government is to select a few of those minerals and de-risk them for potential investors, however, while maintaining that the mining sector is very important, the minister indicated that responsible mining and sustainability should be top priorities.
8. Fresh attacks at Ancha village, Bassa local government area of Plateau State have claimed yet to be ascertained number of lives. Property of the villagers were also razed in the incident which occurred on Tuesday night.
9. President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has said Nigerians will remember the Ninth Assembly under his leadership for its outstanding legislative achievements after the end of its lifespan in June 2023. Lawan made this known on Wednesday when the Senate Press Corps paid a visit to felicitate with him on the occasion of his 63rd birthday in Abuja.
10. The Nigerian Air Force has said its Special Forces, on Thursday, rescued 26 kidnapped travellers along Birnin Gwari-Kaduna Road. The Air Force said its personnel while on a patrol met five abandoned vehicles near Anguwar Yako.
11. Suspected gunmen on Wednesday morning abducted the mother of the Minority Leader of Kano State House of Assembly, Isiyaku Ali Danja. Sources said the suspected gunmen, numbering about 10, invaded Gezawa, headquarters of Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State in four vehicles.
12. A socio-political group, Pan-Nigeria Presidency of Igbo Extraction Coalition (PANPIEC), has attributed political injustice as part of the rationale behind the myriads of challenges bedeviling the country. In a release by its Executive Secretary, Mazi Chuks Ibegbu, the group said Nigeria can end its own version of political injustice by electing an Igbo as president.
13. NMSME report about 1.8 million business killed due to COVID-19 pandemic, this also contribute greatly to the drop in GDP, about 3.5 percent drop. The total number of Nano, Micro, Small and Medium scale Enterprises (NMSMEs) operating in the country dropped by about 1.88 million to 39.65 million in 2020, compared to about 41.54 million in 2017, a new survey has shown.
14. North central stakeholders reject national chairmanship seat. Some leaders of thought and members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Plateau State and the North Central zone of the country said they have concluded arrangement to protest across the zone against anyone vying for the national chairmanship seat of the party. The leaders and members of APC stressed that acceptance of the APC chairmanship position could cost the zone the 2023 presidency which is one of their strongest quests.
15. Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Special Forces (SF) yesterday rescued 26 kidnapped victims while on a fighting patrol along Birnin Gwari-Kaduna Road. The director of public relations and information Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet in a statement said the rescue operation occurred when the SF came across five abandoned vehicles with their doors ajar near Anguwar Yako, an indication of forced removal or evacuation and likely kidnap scene.
Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this
site with us so I came to give it a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Terrific blog and wonderful style and design.
Also visit my page – 2022
Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to
send you an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
This is the right website for everyone who really wants to understand this topic.
You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that
I personally would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a
topic that’s been discussed for ages. Excellent stuff, just great!
I blog often and I seriously appreciate your information. This article has really peaked my interest.
I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information about once a week.
I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
Hello there, I do believe your site could possibly be having web
browser compatibility problems. Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari, it
looks fine however, if opening in IE, it’s got some overlapping issues.
I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Besides that, wonderful blog!
Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and everything.
However just imagine if you added some great images or videos to give your posts more, “pop”!
Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this blog could certainly be one of the greatest in its niche.
Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely helpful info specifically the closing section 🙂 I
handle such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for
a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this article i thought
i could also make comment due to this brilliant article.
Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your site in web explorer, could check this?
IE nonetheless is the market chief and a huge part of other people will omit your excellent writing because of
Wow, this paragraph is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things,
thus I am going to inform her.
Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my sister is analyzing such things, so I
am going to let know her.
Do you have any video of that? I’d want to find out more details.
This excellent website really has all of the info I needed concerning this
subject and didn’t know who to ask.
Great post. I was checking continuously this blog
and I am impressed! Very useful info specially the last
part 🙂 I care for such info much. I was seeking this
particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google,
and found that it’s truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels.
I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay
a quick visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from newest gossip.
Hi there friends, pleasant piece of writing and
fastidious arguments commented at this place,
I am actually enjoying by these.
Now I am going away to do my breakfast, later than having my
breakfast coming again to read other news.
Hi! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for the great
information you have here on this post. I will be returning to your site for more
constantly i used to read smaller content which as well clear their motive, and
that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading at this time.
Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your blog.
You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really
like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Kudos!
I believe that is one of the such a lot significant
information for me. And i’m satisfied studying your article.
However wanna commentary on few basic issues, The website style is perfect, the articles is in point
of fact great : D. Just right task, cheers
I visited multiple web pages except the audio feature for audio songs existing
at this web page is in fact fabulous.
Great article! We are linking to this great
content on our site. Keep up the great writing.
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to
this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly do not
know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as
well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects ,
people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
Good day! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!
It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I’m
happy that you shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
It’s perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy.
I’ve learn this publish and if I may just I want to recommend you few attention-grabbing things or advice.
Perhaps you can write next articles relating
to this article. I desire to read more things about it!
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
Since the admin of this web page is working,
no doubt very soon it will be famous, due to its quality contents.
Hi there are using WordPress for your site platform?
I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you require any
html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly